Pages

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Funny things they say


Last night while I was putting Adventure-man to bed and we were talking about not saying bad words, he broke out into this spontaneous prayer, " Dear God, the devil is telling me to say "stupid", please help me."

Wanting to devour his cheeks at that moment, I prayed with him, affirming his prayer for help and told him that God would indeed help him to do the right thing. He lay down, grabbed his blanket and snuggled down in bed.

Moments later, he opened his eyes and turned to me asking:

"Mum, who is Tom?"

"Who's Tom?" I repeat, obviously not on the ball.

" You know, Tom and Jerry, is he the cat or the mouse?"

"...er I think he is the cat."

Pause. (Obviously not satisfied with my answer)

" Dear God, who is Tom?"

Mummy whispering, " I think it is the cat."

Pause.

"Oh yeah!"

The thumb went back into his mouth and he shut his eyes and settled down to sleep again.

Maybe you had to be there, but it was one of those moments - just adorable! A memory to keep, to dust off when he is older and those sweet child-like moments have passed. A memory to smile at when the days get long, to linger upon as I watch him grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment